Assembly is composed of all members who paid their annual membership fee. There will be an annual meeting each year. The Annual General assembly meeting date and agenda will be decided by the Board of Directors of the Society.The President may call for general assembly at the request of 5 members of the Board of Directors.
The members of the society must be informed about the assembly meetings before the duration of not less than sixty days. If a member is unable to attend he can nominate other active member of society to attend and vote on his behalf with a letter signed by him and certified by society president.
Term of office expires in the Assembly in the following cases:
1) Withdrawal of a member in writing or death.
2) If a member does not meet the requirements of membership.
3) If a member does not pay the annual subscription after a year of his enrollment.
4) Do or cause any action or activity that results to physical or moral or professional damage to association or board of directors. This must be preceded by dropping the membership, approved by the Board of Directors.Membership does not end with the resolution of the Board of Directors but the Board shall notify the member in writing of the decision to terminate membership within the two weeks of its resolution, in all cases member cannot recover payed registration fees or contributions, voluntary contributions or donations.
1) Eligibility to participate in tasks assigned by the Society.
2) Reduction of the fees to attend seminars and scientific meetings organized by the Society.
3) To receive bulletins and periodicals issued by the Society with reduced cost.
4) Active members can participate in the activity of the groups assigned by the Society.
Society's Resources and Budget :
1) Annual subscription fees of members.
2) The outcome of what you sell, The Society publications and bulletins and the services provided within the limits, such as providing advice and research for the benefit of others.
3) The collections of the Society from the scientific programs or training courses in the field of medicine and blood transfusion and blood transfusion services and established institutions to serve its objectives.
4) Gifts, donations, grants and aid provided by the government or the offer of public and private institutions and companies or individuals that the Board of Directors decides to accept
5) Whatever provided by the Saudi Commission for Health Specialties as a support for the Society.
Society budget and final accounts
1) The financial year of the Society will start and ending with the financial year of the kingdom.
2) The final accounts are prepared in accordance with the rules and customs calculation.
3) The President of the Society and the Secretary of Finance (Treasurer) are responsible for business and financial transactions of the Society.
4) The treasurer and accountant are responsible to prepare an annual budget including income and expenditures and submit it to the Board of Directors which displays after approval by the general Assembly.
5) The external auditor's annual report should be submitted to the Board of Directors to introduce it with the account to the General Assembly.
The Board of Directors shall meet once in every three months. If required meeting can be held if requested by a quorum of a majority of its members or if requested by at least half of its members or fifth members of the General Assembly or the President of the Society.
Functions of Secretary of Finance (Treasurer):
1) To assume the receipt of contributions and all the financial dues of the Society.
2) The payment of amounts owed by the Society.
3) Sign all papers related to the Society within his internal responsibilities.
4) General funds deposited in a bank within the city the headquarters of the Society and signed together with the President on the financial securities exchange.
5) Prepare the annual report on the budget and submits it to the Board after review of the Auditors to the Governing Council for approval and then submitted to the General Assembly.
6) Financial record is kept of the Society and be responsible for.
Functions of the Vice President of the Society:
Assists the President and perform his duties in his absence and has a collection of his powers.
Functions of the President of the Board of Directors:
President is the Head of the Society and shall perform the following functions:
1) The Management of the Assembly and Chairs its meetings.
2) Decide the agenda of the meetings of Board of Dierctors.
3) Call the Assembly for a meeting.
4) Sign the papers that include financial commitments or responsibilities of the literature.
5) Represents the Assembly when required.
6) Represents the Society to the other Societies and Associations,contact with the officials and non-officials in the Kingdom and abroad.
Terms of Reference of the Board of Directors and the Board of Administration:
1) Budget proposal for the Society.
2) Prepare the agenda of the General Assembly.
3) Policy proposal of the Assembly in the framework of the objectives contained in these rules, and presented to the General Assembly for approval.
4) The proposal of the internal regulations of the Society and organization of work.
5) The composition of committees and groups to perform specialized tasks of the Society.
6) Prepare the annual report of the activity of the Society and submitted to the Council of the Assemblies following the adoption by the General Assembly.
7) Determine the annual contributions of members.
8) Approval to conduct studies and research.
9) Approve the holding of seminars, courses and seminars according to the regulations relating to that followed by the body.
10) Accept gifts, donations, grants and aid.
11) Follow-up to implement the resolutions of the Council of Scientific Societies of health.
12) Election of President, Deputy and Treasurer
Eligibility to vote of the Membership of the Society:
1) The Voter should be an active member in the Society during the holding of elections for members of the General Assembly for the next period
2) If a member is unable to attend the voting process, he may nominate any other member of the society to vote on his behalf in writing with his signature certified by the President of the Society.
Terms of Nomination for Board of Directors:
1) To be prominent in activities of interest to the Society.
2) The Member must have a qualification in one of the specialties of the Society for not less than five Years
3) To have at least Master Degree in the required field or an equivalent qualification.
4) The Nominee has been on the membership of the Society as a working member for not less than three years, with the exception of the first session.
5) A member may nominate himself or accept the nomination from other members.
6) The election is by secret ballot and the presence of a Board of Directors and the Society shall adopt the mechanism of the election on the proposal of the Board of Directors and, if unable to attend the regular quorum of the Assembly, the Board of Directors may decide to vote by mail.
Activities of the Society:
The Society will be engaged in the following activities:
1) Organize conferences, symposia and seminars to discuss issues related to transfusion medicine, and blood transfusion services.
2) Conduct scientific research in the fields of transfusion medicine and blood transfusion services and
related knowledge and publish the results of this research, distribution and exchange with the bodies concerned.
3) Publish a magazine or a periodical dedicated to the publication of research and studies related to areas of transfusion medicine and blood transfusion services.
4) Engage in publications and other means of health education to raise the level of customary and awareness among the public in the areas of transfusion medicine and blood donation.
5) Participate and contribute to the training program and continuing education in the fields of transfusion medicine.
6) Participation in exhibitions and seminars at local and international levels.
7) Invite scholars and intellectuals in transfusion medicine and blood transfusion services to raise the level of local blood transfusion services
8) Developments of policies and evidence based guidelines in clinical and technical aspects related to transfusion medicine.
9) To participate in the evaluation and upgrading of professional qualifications and professional performance of practitioners in the field of transfusion medicine.
10) To provide technical advice and consultations to the parties with respect to the various health practices and activities and procedures and evaluate the quality of health facilities for the purpose of accreditation.